Please be advised that iFORTE, (hereinafter referred to as “iFORTE”, “Us” “Our” and ”We”) is giving you this Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) as an exercise to comply with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”).
For the purpose of this Notice, the terms “Personal Data”, “Sensitive Personal Data” and “processing” shall have the meaning as assigned to it by PDPA, which includes Personal Data that relates directly or indirectly to you (or any other individual) to the extent that you (or the other individual) is identified or identifiable from that information which is in the possession or control of iFORTE.
This Notice applies to all applicants, candidates, employees and clients, whose Personal Data are processed by iFORTE.
Personal information may include:
- IC number
- Photo page of passport
- Visa details
- Date of birth
- Contact details
- Emergency contact details
- Work telephone number
- Work email address
- Work experience
- Aptitude test results
- Opinions about your work performance (eg references)
- Incidents at the workplace
- Other information obtained or received by us in connection with your possible and actual work placements
- Information associated with managing queries and complaints
This notice applies to all information we process about you and may include some information about your physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, commission or allegations of an offence and other sensitive personal information. References to personal information in this notice include such sensitive personal information.
We may collect personal information about you when:
- You complete one of our registration forms or provide any other information in connection with your possible or actual work placements or applications
- We receive any reference about you
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test or background checks
- We receive any complaint or other information from or about you in the workplace
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you were involved
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved
- You provide us with any additional information about you
Your personal information may be processed in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement, providing recruitment services and considering any application
- Retaining information to be able to consider you for a suitable position in future
- Career guidance or management
- Your performance appraisals
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Our identification of your training needs
- Informing you of possible work opportunities or other events such as training or information sessions by direct mail/email/sms
- Any workplace rehabilitation
- Our management and resolution of any complaint, inquiry or investigation in which you are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal information
- Taking your references and conducting appropriate investigations into the information you have provided
- Undertaking criminal reference checks
- For management, research, development, benchmarking, statistical analysis, business systems and infrastructure testing and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you
- Our direct marketing to you
- As required by law or regulation
- Implementing moves, adds or changes to services
- Receiving and processing complaints or queries regarding loss or quality of services
- Receiving and responding to billing enquiries
- Processing of payments
- Enabling the hosting of our front office database
- Administration of relationship management procedures
- Implementing or assisting with routine maintenance or disruption
- Diagnosing and resolving performance issues
- Providing other functions in support of the service or products
- Providing client directed services and functions
- Marketing and candidate or profiling activities in connection with our services
- Internal record keeping purposes
- Other purposes directly relating to any of the above
Your personal information may be disclosed from time to time to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients
- iFORTE group, employees and potential employers located in Malaysia and any other countries where iFORTE may provide its services in the future regarding possible or actual work placements and to assist us in providing our services to you
- External providers of online training and induction
- Our insurers
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- A Workers Compensation body
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
- Trusted third parties including but not limited to:
- Property landlords
- Credit reference agencies
- Federal government
- Suppliers and/or service providers
- Current, past and prospective employers
- Other recruiting agencies
- Institutionalised financial organisations
- Family, associates and representatives of data subjects
This may include transferring your personal information to a location or country which may not offer the same level of protection of personal information as Malaysia.
If you do not give us the information we seek:
Our collection and processing of your personal information is obligatory, otherwise:
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work
As such, we generally cannot offer you the choice or means of limiting the processing of personal information in certain ways.
You can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you. We refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information.
To make a request to access your personal information, you will need to complete an application form verifying your identity and specifying what information you require. Please contact our Privacy Officer for an application form (see contact details below).
We may impose a moderate charge for access. Our Privacy Officer will discuss this with you.
You should also anticipate that it may take time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review information in order to determine what information may be provided.
If we make any changes to the way we process your personal information, we will notify you where appropriate and will post these changes on our website www.iforte.com.my so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone. We will seek your consent to any changes where appropriate but otherwise by continuing to allow us to process your personal information you consent to such processing as described from time to time.
If, at any time, you wish to access or correct your information or have any enquiries or complaints about your privacy, please email to email@example.com